Issue #14160 has been reported by StefanPochmann (Stefan Pochmann).

Bug #14160: JSON#generate documentation wrong/misleading
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/14160

* Author: StefanPochmann (Stefan Pochmann)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
* ruby -v:
* Backport: 2.3: UNKNOWN, 2.4: UNKNOWN
https://docs.ruby-lang.org/en/trunk/JSON.html#module-JSON-label-Generating+JSON
That says `JSON.generate` only allows "objects or arrays", that `to_json` allows more, and uses `1.to_json` as an example for that. But I just tried `JSON.generate(1)` and it works as well. What's up with that?

https://docs.ruby-lang.org/en/trunk/JSON.html#method-i-generate
That talks about `state` a lot. I think it should say `opts`, as that is the argument name, no? Also, it says "state is * a JSON::State object". Note the "*". I think this should be a bullet point, i.e., "a JSON::State object" should be an item in the list following it.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/