Dave Howell wrote:

> On Jul 25, 2006, at 9:56, Berger, Daniel wrote:
>
>> If only Rockit 0.8.0 were here....
>>
>> Robert Feldt, save us from the regular expression horror of rdoc!!!
>
> I know this is meant somewhat jokingly, but I got here late, so if you
> wouldn't mind . . . what do you mean by "the regular expression horror
> of RDoc?" Is it a reference to extensive use of regular expressions in
> the code, or something else?
>
> And what's Rockit?

It means that rdoc does parsing with a big ball of regular expression
goo instead of an actual parser.  It's hard to follow and brittle, imho.

As for Rockit, see http://rubyforge.org/projects/rockit/. There was
actually a chapter on it in the Developer's Guide that came out a few
years ago (though it's outdated at this point I think).

Regards,

Dan