Issue #14147 has been reported by StefanPochmann (Stefan Pochmann).

Misc #14147: Array#sample documentation is unclear about order
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/14147

* Author: StefanPochmann (Stefan Pochmann)
* Assignee:
Does `Array#sample` only guarantee a random subset, or also random order? It's not clear. I think the current reference implementation does produce random order, but the documentation doesn't guarantee it, so I can't rely on it. If random order is intended, I think the documentation should say so. Maybe say that `sample(n)` is equivalent to `shuffle.take(n)`? ("equivalent" meaning same possible outputs with same probabilities)

More details here: https://stackoverflow.com/q/47600931/1672429

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/