Status changed from Assigned to Closed

Now we can implement the feature by redefining `Warning.warn`.

Matz.

Feature #3916: Add flag to ruby to make warnings fatal.

* Author: docwhat (Christian Hltje)
* Assignee: matz (Yukihiro Matsumoto)
* Target version: next minor
=begin
 I have a feature request: Please add a flag to the ruby command line to make warnings fatal.

 It would be really handy when debugging and testing to make warnings fatal.

 It's not always obvious what bit of code is causing the code that has the warning to execute.  Having a full exception style trace back is very handy.

 In addition, if you're doing tests, it would be good to have it raise an exception if a warning is fired.  See http://stackoverflow.com/questions/660737/can-you-ask-ruby-to-treat-warnings-as-errors for an example.

 Thanks!
=end

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/