Issue #13763 has been updated by marcandre (Marc-Andre Lafortune).

Hanmac (Hans Mackowiak) wrote:
> i am against this, becauese such functions could be used as hookups too for other functions to overwrite them.

This is particularly true for named parameters, which can not be renamed with a leading underscore.

FWIW, `rubocop` can detect those already, for any version of Ruby, and is customizable by the user.

I feel that it's probably best to handle such cases at a higher level than MRI itself.

Feature #13763: Trigger "unused variable warning" for unused variables in parameter lists