Issue #14125 has been reported by rlue (Ryan Lue).

Bug #14125: Readline Module (STDLIB): Add support for ^O emacs keybinding?
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/14125

* Author: rlue (Ryan Lue)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
* ruby -v: 2.4.1
* Backport: 2.3: UNKNOWN, 2.4: UNKNOWN
The pry gem features a REPL that uses the Readline stdlib module. With the help of this module, pry's REPL supports most emacs-style readline key bindings:

* ^P / ^N for navigating up/down the command line history,
* ^K for killing text to the end of the line,
* ^Y for yanking last-killed text,
* ^X^U for undoing,
* etc.

However, it does NOT support ^O (run command and load next line in history), and I found no reference to the binding in the docs.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'd very much like to see this functionality implemented in the Readline module.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/