I had a chance to write a regexp constant consists of 300+ lines.
I have to admit that I did wish I could write that using a heredoc.

So I changed my mind.  Let me +1.

Feature #12700: regexg heredoc support

* Author: gam3 (Allen Morris)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
There is support for ', ", and ` heredocs, but there is no support for /.

Example code with new feature:

~~~ ruby
first = 'first'

orig = /#{first}
match\s # match
this    # match this
/x

right = <</REGEXP/x
#{first}
match\s # match
this    # match this
REGEXP

raise unless orig == right
~~~

There is no straight forward way to replace a regexp heredoc as a double quote heredoc requires that '\\s' be escaped.
As shown in the code below you can't use the string heredoc to directly replace a regexp heredoc because of this need for extra escaping.

~~~ ruby
first = 'first'

orig = /#{first}
match\s # match
this    # match this
/x

wrong = Regexp.new(<<REGEXP, Regexp::EXTENDED)
#{first}
match\s # match
this    # match this
REGEXP

right = Regexp.new(<<REGEXP, Regexp::EXTENDED)
#{first}
match\\s # match
this    # match this
REGEXP