A single exception I could find, however, was `urllib.parse` of Python3. (!)

```
% python3
Python 3.6.3 (default, Nov  4 2017, 01:15:26)
[GCC 4.2.1 Compatible FreeBSD Clang 3.8.0 (tags/RELEASE_380/final 262564)] on freebsd11
>>> from urllib.parse import urljoin
>>> urljoin('http://example.com/foo//bar/baz', '.')
'http://example.com/foo/bar/'
```

I'm not sure if this is an intentional change from Python2, but I believe any slash in the path part should be retained.

Bug #8352: URI squeezes a sequence of slashes in merging paths when it shouldn't

* Author: knu (Akinori MUSHA)
* Assignee: akira (akira yamada)
* Target version:
* ruby -v: ruby 2.1.0dev (2013-05-01 trunk 40540) [x86_64-freebsd9]
* Backport:
RFC 2396 (on which the library currently is based) or RFC 3986 says nothing about a sequence of slashes in the path part except for parsing rules when a URI (path) starts with two slashes.

It should be perfectly valid to have a slash right after another, and there is no reason to "normalize" a sequence of slashes into a single slash, which uri actually does in merging paths:

~~~
URI.parse('http://example.com/foo//bar/')+'.'
=> #<URI::HTTP:0x0000080303d2b0 URL:http://example.com/foo/bar/>
~~~

Fixing this may be as easy as changing the regexp in URI::Generic#split_path from %r{/+} to %r{/}, but I wonder how the impact of incompatibility it may introduce would be.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/