Issue #14098 has been updated by ana06 (Ana Maria Martinez Gomez).

@shevegen

> An example, or a separate entry at the wiki for such an example, might be useful to have there.

Yes, it would be great.

> I think the NEWS entry at https://github.com/ruby/ruby/blob/trunk/NEWS is largely hand-written

Should I add new changes to this file when creating a PR with a new feature for example?

> I do not think that there is any implicit code style for ruby. There is more than one way to write ruby :) - or actually, the one to enforce ruby convention is the ruby parser. One could find a matz-style (where the best style would be how matz writes ruby) but I think this does not exist either. Rubocop enforces one particular default style but there are many who don't use that style, so I think it would be difficult to assume that ruby code (or C-style code) has to follow a convention. It may be that the C code in MRI may have some style. Perhaps the C code how nobu writes it, is the best variant. :D

With code style I was more focused on the C code which makes Ruby, and not in how to write Ruby. But actually both are interesting, as Ruby code is used in the documentation. I think having a defined style makes both understanding the code and write new code much easier.

> Array code in C could be found at: https://github.com/ruby/ruby/blob/trunk/array.c
>
> This one has a certain naming style/convention.

But I also find some inconsistencies in this file. For example:

- Spaces between operators:

``` C
ARY_SET_LEN(ary, idx + 1);
EMMOVE(ptr, ptr+n, VALUE, RARRAY_LEN(ary)-n);
```

Feature #14098: The HowToContribute guide can be improved