Issue #14091 has been updated by shevegen (Robert A. Heiler).

Interesting.

If this is true, perhaps ruby core forgot about it.

I had a look at the current docu for Time:

  https://ruby-doc.org/core/Time.html

https://ruby-doc.org/core-2.4.2/Time.html#method-i-succ

The documentation reads:

"Returns a new Time object, one second later than time. #succ is obsolete
since 1.9.2 for time is not a discrete value."

So I am inclined to agree with Andrew - either it is indeed obsolete, in
which case it may be time to remove it; and if it is not obsolete, then
the documentation should change, IMO.

(On a side note, perhaps there could be a simple way to ask Ruby which
methods may be deprecated or so... Kernel#deprecated_methods? or something,
but anyway, I should file an own issue request for that; I just don't
know if other people may find that useful. Sorry for side-tracking from
the main issue thread here for a moment!)

Feature #14091: Remove Time#succ