Status changed from Assigned to Feedback

I asked akr's opinion.

He looks neutral to this proposal, but we need to work out details.  The current PoC implementation wrongly allows `/foo/bar` to match with `/fo`.  Also, we need a better name than `include?`, which should be more suitable to the detailed spec of the method.

Feature #2149: Pathname#include?

* Author: erikh (Erik Hollensbe)
* Assignee: akr (Akira Tanaka)
* Target version: next minor
=begin
 pre-cleaning the paths of both side of this call and seeing if the RHS exists in the LHS would be a very useful feature for Pathname users; especially those who are trying to evaluate whether or not a path (after cleanup) is a child of another.

 I wrote up a basic implementation, and would be happy to bulletproof it (it doesn't handle relative paths right now, for instance) and write a more formal patch if this is an acceptable addition.

 <pre>
 class Pathname
     def include?(other_path)
         case other_path
         when String
            other_path = Pathname.new(other_path)
         when Pathname
         else
             raise "#{other_path.inspect}: Not a Pathname"
         end

         !!(self.cleanpath.to_s.index(other_path.cleanpath.to_s, 0) == 0)
 </pre>
=end

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/