On 7/18/06, U.Nakamura <usa / garbagecollect.jp> wrote:
> Even if you choose either, you will have to compile all sources
> by the compiler as which you chose.

Mmm. This may or may not be the case. This is why I have been trying
to collect information for an ongoing conversation with Microsoft.
They are ... concerned that we are still using VC6 as our compiler and
want to see what can be helped to provide better support for moving
Ruby to VC8.

> And, FYI:
> After a while, a new port named x64-mswin64 is scheduled to be supported on 1.9.
> It's able to compile only by VS2005, and at present there is no plan to support x64
> by MinGW. This information is offered only to perplex you, Curt :)

This is an excellent point that should not be ignored, either. 64-bit
Windows support is currently *only* possible through VS2005.

-austin
               * austin / zieglers.ca