```
Greg.mpls / gmail.com wrote:
> Bad news.  Appveyor just failed with:

Oops, try r60210; I moved the return outside of the timeout
block.

> Re the patch you included above, can you please bracket it
> with triple backticks (\`\`\`), with the first being
> \`\`\`diff ?  May need a blank line before the first set.  I
> view this on the web; the markdown parser makes a mess of diff
> listings without the backticks.

I'll try to remember in the future.  I remember there was a time
when redmine didn't try to assume emails were markdown and
always treaded them as preformatted (I either use email or
w3m, so no variable-width fonts).

> Re the `#nil?`, the docs/comments do state returns 'nil on
> timeout'.  Maybe we should remove the `WEBrick::Utils.timeout`
> block and put the timeout value in the `#wait_*` methods?

I've considered it, but it requires accounting for total time
spent in case we need to call accept_nonblock multiple times;
so it's extra math + logic which I don't want...

I actually want to improve 'timeout' in stdlib and implement it
in the core VM so it affects all methods like IO.select and
IO#wait*able, and even IO#read transparently.

```