Eric Wong <normalperson / yhbt.net> wrote:
> Greg.mpls / gmail.com wrote:
> > Issue #14013 has been updated by MSP-Greg (Greg L).
> >
> > File webrick_ssl.patch added
> >
> > I posted [GitHub PR #1718](https://github.com/ruby/ruby/pull/1718), which passed both Travis & Appveyor.  It also passes on my local MinGW trunk build
> >
> > Rather than an OS check, it checks to see if the `#wait_*` methods return `nil`.
> > Below is patch, attached also.
>
> Thanks.  I'm somewhat inclined to accept it because it solves
> your problem; but the troubling thing is I don't understand why
> it is necessary....

Nope; because this fails under Linux.  Actually, I now understand the problem:
ECONNRESET (and other errors) are not being discarded as they were
in accept_client.

[1/8] TestNetHTTPS#test_certificate_verify_failure = 0.03 s
  1) Failure:
TestNetHTTPS#test_certificate_verify_failure [/path/to/ruby/test/net/http/test_https.rb:156]:
<1> expected but was
<0>.

Which caused me to finally notice this comment in that test:

    unless /mswin|mingw/ =~ RUBY_PLATFORM
      # on Windows, Errno::ECONNRESET will be raised, and it'll be eaten by
      # WEBrick

So I made r60208; which should really fix the problem on all
platforms and not pollute logs when bad clients connect.