Feature #6647: Exceptions raised in threads should be logged

* Author: headius (Charles Nutter)
* Assignee: matz (Yukihiro Matsumoto)
* Target version:
Many applications and users I have dealt with have run into bugs due to Ruby's behavior of quietly swallowing exceptions raised in threads. I believe this is a bug, and threads should always at least log exceptions that bubble all the way out and terminate them.

The implementation should be simple, but I'm not yet familiar enough with the MRI codebase to provide a patch. The exception logging should be logged in the same way top-level exceptions get logged, but perhaps with information about the thread that was terminated because of the exception.

Here is a monkey patch that simulates what I'm hoping to achieve with this bug:

```ruby
class << Thread
  alias old_new new

  def new(*args, &block)
    old_new(*args) do |*bargs|
      begin
        block.call(*bargs)
      rescue Exception => e
        raise if Thread.abort_on_exception || Thread.current.abort_on_exception
        puts "Thread for block #{block.inspect} terminated with exception: #{e.message}"
        puts e.backtrace.map {|line| "  #{line}"}

Thread.new { 1 / 0 }.join
puts "After thread"
```

Output:

```
system ~/projects/jruby $ ruby thread_error.rb
Thread for block #<Proc:0x000000010d008a80 / thread_error.rb:17> terminated with exception: divided by 0
  thread_error.rb:17:in `/'
  thread_error.rb:17
  thread_error.rb:7:in `call'
  thread_error.rb:7:in `new'