Issue #14016 has been updated by shevegen (Robert A. Heiler).

> if someone be so kind as to edit/replace the original description,
> I'd be very thankful.

I think there may be a few who could modify it (not me); at the
least the title can be changed, but possibly also the body of
the message. For some reason, the original poster can not change
the first message, but can modify later replies. Perhaps it is
to preserve the original suggestion, but ideally I think people
could have a window of modification even for the first comment
in a thread; e. g. something like 1-2 hours, to correct any
typos or so. Not sure how easy this is to change via this bugtracker
though.

Bug #14016: URI IPv6 address can't be used to open socket