Issue #14014 has been reported by marcandre (Marc-Andre Lafortune).

Bug #14014: NaN.finite?
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/14014

* Author: marcandre (Marc-Andre Lafortune)
* Assignee:
* Target version: 2.5
* ruby -v: 2.4.2
* Backport: 2.3: UNKNOWN, 2.4: UNKNOWN
Ruby gives contradictory answers for NaN:

```
> (0/0.0).finite?
 => false
> Complex(0/0.0, 0).finite?
 => true
```

Note that `(0/0.0).infinite?` returns `nil`, so the float answer of `false` looks even more wrong.

The two solutions I see are either changing `Float#finite?` to return `true` for NaN, or to raise in both cases.

I'd lean towards raising in both cases, as NaN can not be said to be finite or infinite

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/