Issue #14010 has been updated by shevegen (Robert A. Heiler).

Makes sense.

Bug #14010: RubyVM logic in forwardable backported to 2.3, not removed

* Author: headius (Charles Nutter)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
* ruby -v: 2.3.5
* Backport: 2.3: UNKNOWN, 2.4: UNKNOWN
Logic was added to forwardable.rb in at least one commit, and revised in others:

https://github.com/ruby/ruby/commit/6fd18ca51bbce302865d23632b15af53d3e8f11b

On trunk, this logic was eventually replaced with code that works on Ruby impls other than MRI:

https://github.com/ruby/ruby/commit/2283d14cc9fefa278dfde02bdf8d84ce50cfe16f

I request that RubyVM not ever be used in stdlib unless guarded with a RUBY_ENGINE check plus fallback code. It is not possible for any implementation other than MRI to support RubyVM::InstructionSequence and whenever it is used in tests or stdlib we have to patch around it.

Please backport the remaining changes to forwardable to the ruby-2_3 branch for release, so we can return to using the stock forwardable.rb in JRuby.

Thank you!

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/