Issue #14011 has been updated by MSP-Greg (Greg L).

normalperson (Eric Wong) wrote:

>  OK, so the puma failures are independent of my webrick change
>  (r60172), correct?   Also, keep in mind puma uses it's own
>  "minissl" C extension which could introduce more variables.

Yes.  They happened before your commit.  I mentioned them just because 'nonblock' in ruby std-lib code seems common to both...

>  But the ECONNRESET failure in
>  TestNetHTTPS#test_certificate_verify_failure is new and probably
>  the result of my webrick change?

Yes.  It's failing both on the Appveyor mswin build and my local MinGW build.

>  Does it still happen if you remove the WEBRick::Utils.timeout
>  call I added and just call `sock.accept'?

I've think you're referring to:

```ruby
if sock.respond_to?(:sync_close=) && @config[:SSLStartImmediately]
  WEBrick::Utils.timeout(@config[:RequestTimeout]) do
    sock.accept # OpenSSL::SSL::SSLSocket#accept
```

Commented out 2 & 4 (start from 1), still have the failure, then commented out all but 3, still the failure.

>  Hopefully this gets figured out soon or usa or someone else
>  can chime in.  I'll be offline for a few days soonish.

Offline is good sometimes...  Thanks.

Bug #14011: Appveyor failure - svn 60172 - °∆webrick: do not hang acceptor on slow TLS connections°«