Greg.mpls / gmail.com wrote:
> Re this issue, it seems that it (mostly) involves code in ruby
> openssl ot net/*, not code that's part of either webrick or
> puma.

OK, so the puma failures are independent of my webrick change
(r60172), correct?   Also, keep in mind puma uses it's own
"minissl" C extension which could introduce more variables.

But the ECONNRESET failure in
TestNetHTTPS#test_certificate_verify_failure is new and probably
the result of my webrick change?

Does it still happen if you remove the WEBRick::Utils.timeout
call I added and just call `sock.accept'?

> I did mean http.  IOW, puma set as a non ssl server works fine
> run on a mingw trunk build with a Chrome client.  When I try
> to change it over to ssl (set verify_mode to none on client
> and server, provide key and cert files, etc), the client I set
> up in code can't connect.  Similar 'host disconnected' errors.

Weird, I was about to suggest multi-threading problems with the
client and server sharing process memory; but Chrome and Ruby
are already different processes...

> Hope this helps.  As to debugging, as it seems that the server
> is failing/closing, I haven't looked for how I can trap that.
> Reminder, I'm not a c type...

Mainly, it's down to being stubborn and persistent :>

Nobody starts off knowing C.  I started out putting *printf
statements in various places and editing code the same way I'd
edit a config file until I got the results or info I wanted.

But I don't even think you'd have to deal with C, since I
only changed the Ruby code for webrick.

Hopefully this gets figured out soon or usa or someone else
can chime in.  I'll be offline for a few days soonish.