Greg.mpls / gmail.com wrote:
> https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/14011

Maybe usa can help...

Or maybe sprinkle `warn "#{__LINE__} ...\n"' in the test code and
webrick source to see where it stops?

> I noticed the recent [Appveyor failure]( https://ci.appveyor.com/project/ruby/ruby/build/1.0.5475#L4546) from [‘webrick: do not hang acceptor on slow TLS connections’ svn 60172]( https://github.com/ruby/ruby/commit/feafe07874d3f9f9aa3fa007421ecd28472959a7).

Is that appveyor link supposed to show test output?  I don't use
JavaScript or GUIs.  Is there plain text or simple HTML log output?

> I’m happy to help with testing, but I suspect this is beyond
> my current knowledge in terms of a fix…

Mainly, it is breaking down steps and putting warn/fprintf
statements everywhere to figure out what's running or stuck.

There's probably platform-specific tracing tools you can use,
too.

> FYI, I did run up puma locally with a static rack, http, and

Did you mean https?

> trunk; everything works fine.  I did not write code to connect
> it with multiple concurrent clients (I’ve done that before
> back when I was coding in C#).  I also understand that some
> things may ‘just not work’ on windows.

If you meant "https" above, try only making one TCP connection
without the SSL/TLS handshake; then sleep the process:

	c = TCPSocket.new(host, port)
	# no OpenSSL stuff
	sleep # forever

Then, try to make normal HTTPS connections from a different
terminal or browser and see if it works or gets stuck.