v.ondruch / tiscali.cz wrote:
> Can anybody help me we answer to glibc maintainers [1]?
>
> ~~~
>  Florian Weimer 2017-10-11 18:00:03 CEST
>
> Does Ruby call backtrace from a signal handler?  It does on x86-64:

Yes, it calls backtrace() unfortunately.  It uses special signal
handlers for SIGILL, SIGSEGV, SIGBUS which sometimes screw up
debugging.

When tracking down some bugs in the past; I've flipped the value
of ruby_enable_coredump in signal.c to disable the nanny sighandlers
and get a real core dump.

(there's a more official way which involves re-running
 ./configure and using RUBY_DEBUG env; but that's too slow for my
  hardware and I'd rather just recompile signal.o)