Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In message "Re: [ ruby-Bugs-5036 ] Please implement expect.rb for Windows Ruby"
>     on Thu, 20 Jul 2006 13:12:22 +0900, "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <znmeb / cesmail.net> writes:
>
> |> I feel sympathy for your pain.  But expect.rb highly depends on pty
> |> which is not available on Windows.  It is nearly impossible for us to
> |> implement it without pty.  We need to wait until some Windows expert
> |> would write expect.rb counterpart using Win32 features.  Sorry.
>
> |How does "regular" expect, which is based on Tcl, work on a Windows
> |system? I think I've seen it.
>
> I don't know.  It could be a great hint to implement expect like new
> library that works on Windows.  We hope we see volunteers.
>
> 							matz.

Another question ... for the original poster. What specifically in
"expect.rb" do you need that couldn't be done by, say, Net::Telnet? I do
a fair amount of Telnet scripting and I generally use "autoexpect" to
capture the scripts, then translate them to (Perl) Net::Telnet calls
with a Perl script. I haven't had a chance to experiment with the Ruby
equivalent, but I don't see why it wouldn't work, and the translator
would be a lot more elegant in Ruby.