@nobu Is there any value to support such keyword arguments?
I think an early error might be less surprising here.

On the callee side, I think it's a lot more practical to use **keyrest in such a case like keyrest.fetch(:class, 1).

Feature #13979: Ruby doesn't give error on keyword arguments that you can't refer to

* Author: asterite (Ary Borenszweig)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
You can't use keywords as names for normal arguments. For example all of these give a syntax error:

~~~ruby
def foo(class); end
def foo(def); end
def foo(if); end
# ... other keywords too
~~~

The reason is that there's no way to refer to these names because they are keywords.

However, we can use these names for keyword arguments. All of these work:

~~~ruby
def foo(class: 1); end
def foo(def: 1); end
def foo(if: 1); end
~~~

But I think they should give a syntax error, because for example I can't refer to the argument "class" in the first line (same reason why the first snippet gives a syntax error).

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/