On 2017/10/06 15:22, Alberto Almagro wrote:
> Well, Matz told us a the Euruko conference that this wasn¡Çt his language anymore but the community's. He told us, he created it but it was our responsibility as a community to keep it growing and changing. You mentioned before this was requested uncountable times. If a language which claims to be for the programmer's joy isn¡Çt able to simply alias one method requested uncountable times I don¡Çt see how can I justify this better than with uncountable language users votes. Isn¡Çt that far more than enough?

Two points:

- This is probably less of an issue now that we have the
   "did you mean?" gem. It immediately points to # include?
   when using #includes?. There are many other points where
   programming languages are not exactly the same as natural
   languages.

- It's probably not the first time that Matz has said that
   he considers Ruby the community's language. But that doesn't
   mean that every request for additional aliases (and other
   features) will just be integrated. If we did this, we might
   end up with a horrible hodgepodge of a language. So Matz
   won't say: "I don't need it, so it's not needed in Ruby.",
   but that doesn't mean that he will add all requests.

Regards,   Martin.