Misc #13946: Rename configure.in to configure.ac

* Author: colby (Colby Swandale)
* Assignee:
Hello ruby team!

In my quest to learn about Ruby-lang's src i was reading through [autoconf's documentation](http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/manual/autoconf.html) and got a bit confused about where the autoconf script was for ruby trunk until i found this paragraph in chapter 3.1:

> Previous versions of Autoconf promoted the name configure.in, which is somewhat ambiguous (the tool needed to process this file is not described by its extension), and introduces a slight confusion with config.h.in and so on (for which °∆.in°« means °»to be processed by configure°…). Using configure.ac is now preferred.

trunk is currently using `configure.in` - so i would like to propose we rename `configure.in` to be the preferred `configure.ac`. I think this is good and will help reduce confusion for anyone reading documentation for autoconf.

Thank you!

0001-rename-configure.in-to-configure.ac.patch (467 Bytes)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/