Bugs item #5134, was opened at 2006-07-19 16:45
You can respond by visiting:
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1698&aid=5134&group_id=426

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hello,

I am new to Ruby, and on my first day trying to install the software that directed in the tutorial page, I went to _http://www.mysqlfront.de/ and found that:

"In june 2006 MySQL AB initiated a judiciary fight against the MySQL-Front project: They forced to stop using the name "MySQL-Front" and the domain "mysqlfront.de" within three weeks only.

A lot of very different suggestions from us for a solution with an advantage for everyone (MySQL database users, MySQL AB and us) has not been answered by MySQL AB.

Instead of an answer of our suggestions MySQL AB answered on the same way like the starting fight. It seems they are satisfied with the end of MySQL-Front.

Because of this the we're not able to publish this program furthermore without to risk a judiciary fight. But why should we fight against MySQL AB to offer a program for the users of their programs?

We're very sorry for all users of the MySQL database that we can't help further more.

Nevertheless, it was a great time with so much help of the MySQL-Front users. We want to use this place to say a big THANK YOU for all this support of our users! We hope the humanity will learn to work together instead of fighting against an other.

19/07/2006, MySQL-Front Team

This domain will be closed on 31/07/2006 since MySQL AB does not longer accept this notes."

So, How can I find an alike software to use instead if MySQL-Front.

Please reply A>S>A>P