v.ondruch / tiscali.cz wrote:
> Issue #13757 has been updated by vo.x (Vit Ondruch).
>
> Assignee set to normalperson (Eric Wong)

Sorry, I did not notice earlier.  Feel free to Cc: me directly
in the future.

> Ok, so I did my homework :) It started with r59047 and it is
> issue for ppc64/ppc64le. No other Fedora architectures are
> affected. Since this release, the test suite always get stuck
> at TestBacktrace#test_caller_lev. Later, since r59159, the
> test is not stuck, but segfaults instead. Not sure how to fix
> this, but for the moment I am going to revert r59047 for
> Fedora ...

If you have time, can you try to find larger values changed by
r59047 (RUBY_THREAD_MACHINE_STACK_SIZE and
RUBY_FIBER_MACHINE_STACK_SIZE) which do not get stuck/segfault
on PPC?

Worst case is we define larger minimum values in vm_core.h for PPC.
Best case is we find stack usage bloat on PPC and fix it :>

ppc64le?  I don't know much about PPC and did not know there is
little-endian PPC.  So it's PPC-specific and not BE-specific...
*scratches head*