Super-upvote!

In fact, recently I became rather concerned with a lack of "inspectability" of Ruby's own objects (like "how `#format` would parse this string and what groups it has", or internal structure of Regexp and so on).

Feature #13904: getter for original information of Enumerator

* Author: znz (Kazuhiro NISHIYAMA)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
At https://gitter.im/red-data-tools/ja?at=59b0aaa097cedeb04828e268 ,
mrkn says narray and pycall use internal information of ruby to check `Range#step(n)`.

People of red-data-tools/ja suggest subclass of Enumerator.
But I think it does not match Ruby's '大クラス主義' (I don't know this word in English), so I suggest to add some methods to Enumerator class.

proof of concept attached.

Usage:

```
% irb -r irb/completion --simple-prompt
>> e=(1..2).step(3)
=> #<Enumerator: 1..2:step(3)>
>> e.receiver
=> 1..2
>> e.method_name
=> :step
>> e.arguments
=> [3]
```

`#method` is conflict with `Kernel#method`, so use `#method_name` instead.

poc.diff (1.42 KB)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/