Issue #12753 has been updated by tagomoris (Satoshi TAGOMORI).

How about `bitmask_test?` or `bitflag_test?`

shugo (Shugo Maeda) wrote:
> Shugo Maeda wrote:
> > IBM InfoSphere and MS FoxPro have BITTEST(), but its second argument is the bit position
> > to be tested.
> >
> > http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSZJPZ_11.3.0/com.ibm.swg.im.iis.ds.basic.doc/topics/r_dsbasic_BITTEST_function.html
> > https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa977348(v=vs.71).aspx
> >
> > This behavior seems to fit the name bittest, compared to the proposed one.
>
> I didn't mean to propose this behavior.
> I just meant to point out that `bittest?` may not be suitable for the proposed behavior.

Feature #12753: Useful operator to check bit-flag is true or false

* Author: tagomoris (Satoshi TAGOMORI)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
Ruby's 0 is truthy value. It's useful for many cases, but it's confusing and I made many bugs when I'm writing code to handle binary data, because my thought is almost same with one to write C code in such situation.

```ruby
n = get_integer_value
if n & 0b10100000
  # code for the case when flag is true
else
  # never comes here :(
end
```

IMO it's very useful to have methods for such use-cases, like `#and?` and `#xor?` (`#or?` looks not so useful... I can't imagine the use case of this operator, but it's better to have for consistency).

```ruby
n = get_integer_value
case
when n.and?(0b10000000)