xkernigh / netscape.net wrote:

<snip>

> But this trick might not be the correct fix. I fear a problem
> with fibers, because there is a fiber switch when zip_i()
> calls Enumerator#next. Perhaps the GC can't find tmp while the
> other fiber is running.

Is FIBER_USE_NATIVE enabled in cont.c?
Does the problem go away if you flip that?

Also, which compiler + non-standard CFLAGS do you use?

We don't have a lot of OpenBSD users here; +cc Jeremy...

Does this affect older versions of Ruby, too?  We've had
some recent movement in cont.c in trunk and maybe broke
something in Fiber stack marking...

I'm also curious which RB_GC_GUARD implementation you
use (it's compiler-dependent).  The rb_gc_guarded_ptr_val
one in include/ruby/ruby.h should be strongest since it can't
be inlined (but slowest).  Perhaps try that one if you're
not using it...

Thanks.