Issue #13851 has been updated by chucke (Tiago Cardoso).

> What operation(s) are you doing for "socket monitoring"?

i'm using plain IO.select. So the idea is, I have a selector thread, which pushes ready descriptors to a queue; other threads pull from that queue, and read/write from descriptors; if must wait, send them back to selector thread.

In the middle of this process, under significant load, I'm seeing the aforementioned error under the aforementioned read_nonblock API usage.

Bug #13851: getting "can't modify string; temporarily locked" on non-frozen instances