> I am for adding syntax sugar for method reference. But I don't like proposed syntax (e.g. ->).
> Any other idea?

In my pet projects, I often alias `method` as `m`. It is readable enough, short enough and easy to remember, once you've seen it:

```ruby
roots = [1, 4, 9].map(&Math.m(:sqrt))
%w[foo bar baz].each(&m(:puts))
```
..., and, if introduced into language core, can be easily backported to earlier versions (through something like `backports` or `polyfill` gem).

Another weird-ish idea, following the first one closely, is `.:`, which (for me) looks guessable:

```ruby
[1,2,3].map(&Math.:sqrt)
%w[foo bar baz].each(&.:puts)
```
(BTW, object-less form should also be considered, when weighing proposals, don't you think?)

Feature #13581: Syntax sugar for method reference