Hello,

In message "One-Click Installer: MinGW? or VC2005?"
    on Jul.19,2006 00:24:12, <ml.chibbs / gmail.com> wrote:
| I'd like to ask that only those who have actual experience compiling
| extensions for Ruby respond and that we keep the discussion to the pros and
| cons of choosing MinGW or VC2005. I need to fully understand the
| implications before choosing a path.

Even if you choose either, you will have to compile all sources
by the compiler as which you chose.
Therefore, I think you should choose easy one for you.
The person who complains anyway will show up even if you choose
either.

BTW, I like VC6 and MinGW.
Because they use MSVCRT.dll, not MSVCRxx.dll.

And, FYI:
After a while, a new port named x64-mswin64 is scheduled to be
supported on 1.9.
It's able to compile only by VS2005, and at present there is
no plan to support x64 by MinGW.
This information is offered only to perplex you, Curt :)

Regards,
--
U.Nakamura <usa / garbagecollect.jp>