Hello,

In message "Re: One-Click Installer: MinGW? or VC2005?"
    on Jul.19,2006 00:38:53, <garbagecat10 / gmail.com> wrote:
| How does Python handle this? I know they're quite aggressive about supplying
| broadly-tested binary releases of the language itself, but how does that
| affect extension writers? Do we have anything to learn (positive or
| negative) from their experiences?

I've checked Python 2.4 Windows Installer.
It is compiled by VC7.1(VS.NET2003).

It bundles Tcl/Tk, and it's compiled by VC7.1, too.

Another 3rd party libraries are static linked with python's
extensions, but they are compiled by VC7.1, too.

The package includes libpython24.a.
I guess that it's for MinGW support, but I doubt this is not
enough to support MinGW.

Regards,
--
U.Nakamura <usa / garbagecollect.jp>