Were any tests or specs added for this feature? I don't see anything recent added to language/return_spec.rb and the related commits don't show any additions to MRI's tests.

I believe we need at least one of these to be filled out. I'd be happy to do it but this is a very long thread and I'm not sure what is or is not considered spec.

Feature #4840: Allow returning from require

* Author: rosenfeld (Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas)
* Assignee: nobu (Nobuyoshi Nakada)
* Target version:
I have a situation where there is some code in Gitorious like:

~~~ruby
unless defined? GitoriousConfig
  # tons of lines here
end
~~~

And I would it to look like

~~~ruby
return if defined? GitoriousConfig

#tons of lines here
~~~

It would be great to allow return from a required file or some other keyword (break, etc or a new one)

feature-4840.odp (114 KB)
0001-compile.c-toplevel-return.patch (1.71 KB)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/