Feature #13807: A method to filter the receiver against some condition

* Author: sawa (Tsuyoshi Sawada)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
I frequently see code that uses some value if that value satisfies a certain condition, and something else otherwise.

```ruby
a.some_condition ? a : b
```

And in most cases, the value of `a` is non-nil when the condition is satisfied.

I propose to have a method, perhaps named `verify`, which would implemented to be equivalent to this definition:

```ruby
class Object
  def verify
    self if yield(self)
```

Then, we can write the expression above (assuming `a` is non-nil when the condition is satisfied) like this:

```ruby
a.verify{|a| a.some_condition} || b
```

Perhaps it would also be useful to do something like:

```ruby
a.verify{|a| a.some_condition}&.chaining_of_more_methods
```

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/