Bug #13167: Dir.glob is 25x slower since Ruby 2.2

* Author: ahorek (Pavel Rosick)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
* ruby -v: 2.4.0
Hello,
we've found a huge speed regression in our Rails app. After some digging the reason is in `Dir.glob` method which is much slower since Ruby 2.2.6. This is probably Windows only!

This code is used heavily in Rails for partial lookups:

```ruby
Dir.glob('c:/test/myapp/app/views/common/_menu_stats{.en,}{.html,}{}{.erb,.builder,.raw,.ruby,.jbuilder,.coffee,}')
```

Comparsion (x64):
jruby 9.1.7.0 2540 i/s
ruby 2.1.5 2568 i/s
ruby 2.1.9 2569 i/s
**ruby 2.2.6 99 i/s 25 times slower!
ruby 2.3.3 102 i/s
ruby 2.4.0 103 i/s**

I would like to help, but I don't know much about Ruby C internals. Please let me know if you need any additional info. Now we're stuck at 2.1.9 because this issue makes the development on more recent versions unusable.

logruby24.txt (484 KB)
logruby21.txt (10.8 KB)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/