Status changed from Open to Assigned
Assignee set to shugo (Shugo Maeda)

Bug #13649: Net::IMAP doesn't support response from a Microsoft Exchange server (which is not compliant with RFC standards)

* Author: keysen (Jrmy Carlier)
* Assignee: shugo (Shugo Maeda)
* Target version:
* ruby -v: 2.3.1
Hello,

This day I wanted to use a mailbox hosted on a Microsoft Exchange server and it was not working.
I found this nice article relating the issue: http://claudiofloreani.blogspot.fr/2012/01/monkeypatching-ruby-imap-class-to-build.html

My solution to support those crappy server:

```ruby
module Net
  class IMAP
    class ResponseParser
      def response
        token = lookahead
        case token.symbol
        when T_PLUS
          result = continue_req
        when T_STAR
          result = response_untagged
        else
          result = response_tagged
        end
        match(T_SPACE) if lookahead.symbol == T_SPACE
        match(T_CRLF)
        match(T_EOF)
        return result
```

Step to reproduce: (require an horrible server :))

```ruby
imap_connexion = Net::IMAP.new(localhost, 993, true, nil, false)
imap_connexion.status('INBOX', ["UIDNEXT", "UIDVALIDITY"])
```
Then the server should reply with:
"* STATUS INBOX (UIDNEXT 1 UIDVALIDITY 1585372) \r\n"

And the bug occurs because we have a space at the end of the line which is not in the RFC, but as usual Microsoft makes its own RFC...

If you have any questions, suggestions just ask, if I can help.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/