Hi,

At Sun, 9 Jul 2006 03:11:44 +0900,
Daniel Berger wrote in [ruby-core:08177]:
> Attached is an rdoc patch for what I believe are the
> most used methods of mkmf.  They include docs for:

Thank you for the great job.

> check_sizeof

I guess checking exact size of a type is less necessary in
common.  Checking trueness of an expression might be enough in
most cases, I guess.

E.g.:

  def check_iftrue(expr, headers = nil, &b)
    checking_for("if #{expr}") do
      try_static_assert(expr, headers, &b)

  check_iftrue("sizeof(long) == sizeof(void*)")

than:

  check_sizeof("void*") == check_sizeof("long")

> check_sizeof
> have_library
> have_struct_member
> have_type

And these 4 methods accepts a name or a list for headers.

> Also, I was wondering if we could get the have_const
> method added in, as per Nobu's patch in
> ruby-core:4426.

It worked for integral constants only.  Now I guess have_macro
and have_var would do the role instead.  Any idea?

--
Nobu Nakada