vmakarov / redhat.com wrote:
> normalperson (Eric Wong) wrote:
> >  None of these are super important; and I can eventually take
> >  take some time to make send you patches or pull requests (via
> >  email/redmine)
> >

> Only if it is not a burden for you.  You already gave a fresh look
> at the code and proposed valuable improvements.

Alright; I've actually got plenty on my plate, but...

<snip>

> >  rb_mjit_min_header-2.5.0.h takes forever to build...
> >

> Yes, it is slow (about 75 sec on i3-7100).  It is a ruby script trying
> to remove unnecessary C definitions/declarations.  After removing some
> C code it calls C compiler to check that the code is valid.

Yeah, that could actually be a blocker to potential contributors.

I force myself to work on ancient hardware to notice slow things
before others do; and sometimes I'm less inclined or get
distracted by other projects when builds take a long time.

Good to know you're also bothered by it :)