Issue #13644 has been updated by MSP-Greg (Greg L).

File test-logger-test_logdevice.rb.patch added

nobu,

Attached is the patch I'm using in my MinGW build system for the test in question.  It passes, and my [test-all](https://msp-greg.github.io/file.mingw_test-all.html#test-all-3-failures) is now at 3 failures.

I ran into three issues with the current test mock.

1. Once I patched logger to use atime, the test wouldn't pass if the FakeTime.now DST setting was different that the current system DST setting.  So, I moved the mock FakeTime.now to today.
2. Temp Directories using a block.  I had issues with readline tests and temp files.  With this, I could not get all the asserts to pass with a block.  As to files, I believe Windows may have issues with - if process A does not close a file, process B can neither close nor delete the file.
3. As I understand Logger, there was code that would not be used in a normal Logger application.  Removed/changed code that opened the log file first, code that closed and then opened (with `.new`) the log file, etc.

The current test uses a midnight delta of -1mS and +01:01:01.  The plus delta seems high, and from the [GH 539](https://github.com/ruby/ruby/pull/539), the author (megayu) states

> In my real situation, if there is some events in 23:59:59, it will never shift the log file.

Seems to imply a minus delta of around a second.  So, I set up the test with a symmetrical delta.  I tested three deltas, 1000mS, 500mS, and 10mS, no failures with three processes running 50 tests each.

I can't test any other platform without pushing a PR.  I learned a bit about the logger library.

Aside - found an interesting line in the file #729, just after the test in question.

```
env_tz_works = /linux|darwin|freebsd/ =~ RUBY_PLATFORM # borrow from test/ruby/test_time_tz.rb
```

Bug #13644: Windows - Setting Time.now