Issue #12739 has been updated by robertgleeson (Robert Gleeson).

robertgleeson (Robert Gleeson) wrote:
> znz (Kazuhiro NISHIYAMA) wrote:
> > How about `class Object; deprecate_constant :Fixnum, :Bignum; end`?
> >
> > * naruse supports: https://twitter.com/nalsh/status/773800491671101441
> > * akr objects: https://twitter.com/tanaka_akr/status/773817391218249729
> >
> > I don't mind either way.
> > Do you have any comment about it?
>
> It would be nice to have `constant_deprecated?`.
> To avoid all of these warnings while supporting <2.4 and >=2.4 i track what constants are deprecated in an array, and
> then avoid using them or not by checking the array at runtime. It's bit of a pain..

I realise my comment isn't clear, here's very simple code to show what i mean:

deprecated_constants = [:Fixnum, :TimeoutError, :Bignum, :FALSE, :TRUE, :NIL]
Object.constants.each do |constant|
  const_get(constant) unless deprecated_constants.include?(constant)
end

the real code i have is more complex, but in essence this is the problem,
and deprecated_constants has to be maintained by me manually, which
will become out of date over time.

Feature #12739: deprecate_constant :Fixnum, :Bignum

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/