rovf (Ronald Fischer) wrote:
> nobu (Nobuyoshi Nakada) wrote:
> > And 2.3.3 has been outdated, try 2.3.4, 2.4.1, or trunk.
>
> I just verified: There is no newer port available for Cygwin, at least not on those mirrors, which Cygwin offers.

Various distributions have various delays because they want to make sure they only ship widely used code, or because they don't have the time to follow every new release. Cygwin doesn't spend that much time on Ruby packaging, I guess.

But you can easily compile Ruby trunk on cygwin; I do that almost every morning. Just don't try to run the whole test suite, because there are some tests that don't work on Cygwin :-(.

Bug #13612: Segmentation Fault