Issue #13606 has been updated by glebm (Gleb Mazovetskiy).

duerst (Martin Drst) wrote:

> Actually, I wonder if there's any difference between what the OP wants and
>
> ```
> enumerator_A.to_a == enumerator_B.to_a
> ```

The above allocates Arrays, Enumerator equality would not.

Feature #13606: Enumerator equality and comparison

* Author: glebm (Gleb Mazovetskiy)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
In Ruby, most objects are compared by value. What do you think about `Enumerator`s following the same pattern? I think this would greatly increase the expressiveness of Ruby.

Proposal:

Two `Enumerator`s should be considered equal (`==`) if they yield the same number of elements and these elements are equal (`==`).
If both of the `Enumerator`s are infinite, the equality operator never terminates.
`<=>` should be handled similarly.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/