Issue #8643 has been updated by rosenfeld (Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas).

Yes, it makes sense. Thanks a lot! :)

Feature #8643: Add Binding.from_hash

* Author: rosenfeld (Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas)
* Assignee: ko1 (Koichi Sasada)
* Target version:
`Binding.from_hash` would work like:

```ruby
class Binding
  def self.from_hash(hash)
    OpenStruct.new(hash){ binding }
```

It would simplify things like:

`ERB.new(IO.read 'template.erb').result Binding.from_hash(template_local: 'example')`

Or if you need to `eval` some code in another process (JRuby, for instance) and need to pass some arguments to the `eval` code in a hash form.

I didn't want to pollute `Hash` by adding `Hash#to_binding`. I believe `Binding.from_hash` is more appropriate.

feature-8643.pdf (19 KB)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/