Issue #13568 has been updated by sorah (Sorah Fukumori).

Let me explain about the background bit detail.

The example I put in the previous post https://github.com/aws/aws-sdk-ruby/blob/v2.9.17/aws-sdk-core/lib/aws-sdk-core/checksums.rb#L15 is from aws-sdk-ruby gem. The core part of this example is like:

```
require 'digest/sha2'
def upload(body)
  checksum = if body.kind_of?(IO) && body.path
    Digest::SHA256.file(body.path)
  else
    # ...
  end
  # ...
end
```

As a user of this library, I can head the Errno::EISDIR like the following code using O_TMPFILE:

```
File.open('/tmp', File::RDWR | File::TMPFILE) do |io|
  upload io #=> Errno::EISDIR
end
```

AFAIK There's no way to determine a File object is made with O_TMPFILE.

Similar situations (path given by File#path doesn't exist or is not valid) also can be made by deleting file before closing fd. But path in File objects made by O_TMPFILE is completely sure that it doesn't point a file of the object itself, so I think returning String is meaningless from such objects.

Feature #13568: File#path for O_TMPFILE fds are unmeaning