Issue #10548 has been updated by jphelps (Jeremy Phelps).

Eregon, I have no idea what you're talking about. All the examples of Fiber usage over on ruby-doc.org shows identical behavior to Python's yield statement. The only difference is that in Python, "resume" is spelled "next", and you can iterate over the sequence of return values (just a monkey patch away with Fibers). Oh, and the way Python handles a dead generator is different (you start getting void instead of an exception).

Feature #10548: remove callcc (Callcc is now going obsoleted.  Please use Fiber.)

* Author: tarui (Masaya Tarui)
* Assignee:
* Target version:

We are paying a lot of costs for callcc's consistency.
and currently, we can use Fiber in many situation.

In https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/projects/ruby/wiki/DevelopersMeeting20140517Japan,
matz agreed to remove callcc.

If there is no refutation, remove callcc in the future version.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/