Issue #10548 has been updated by jwmittag (Jrg W Mittag).

jphelps (Jeremy Phelps) wrote:
> I just learned that Ruby has continuations. Then I learned that they're considered obsolete, and "instead" we're supposed to use a feature (basically just Python's yield statement) that has zero use cases in common with continuations.

Even back when `callcc` was still officially considered to be "part of Ruby", it was actually not implemented by the majority of Ruby implementations.

* JRuby doesn't implement it,
* Rubinius doesn't implement it,
* Opal doesn't implement it,
* Topaz doesn't implement it,
* TruffleRuby doesn't implement it,
* IronRuby doesn't implement it,
* even MRuby, the implementation written by matz himself doesn't implement it.

The only two implementations that currently implement `callcc` are YARV and MagLev.

So, yes, it is *officially* still part of Ruby, but กฤ no-one cares.

Feature #10548: remove callcc (Callcc is now going obsoleted.  Please use Fiber.)