Issue #10548 has been updated by jphelps (Jeremy Phelps).

I just learned that Ruby has continuations. Then I learned that they're considered obsolete, and "instead" we're supposed to use a feature (basically just Python's yield statement) that has zero use cases in common with continuations.

Feature #10548: remove callcc (Callcc is now going obsoleted.  Please use Fiber.)

* Author: tarui (Masaya Tarui)
* Assignee:
* Target version:

We are paying a lot of costs for callcc's consistency.
and currently, we can use Fiber in many situation.

In https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/projects/ruby/wiki/DevelopersMeeting20140517Japan,
matz agreed to remove callcc.

If there is no refutation, remove callcc in the future version.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/